Re: ua2nc

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Mauricio Gobbi wrote:

> Dear Robb -
>
> Thanks for your reply. All your suggestions were useful and now
> I can generate the .nc files. I have been able to generate some results
> from a couple of wmo files I have, but, I can't get the example
> file testdata.wmo to work. I think I could use (if not ab-use) a
> little more of your help.
>
> The command I use is:
> > ua2nc ua.cdl test_dir < testdata.wmo

Mauricio,

I know what the problem is? It's a documentation problem and I didn't want
to make a new release. The cdl file was converted to AWIPS standard, but I
didn't update the ua.cdl file, so you need to use raob.cdl.  If it isn't
in the package then it's in the ftp directory.  Try this line:

% ua2nc raob.cdl test_dir < testdata.wmo

It looks like everything else was working ok,  the NetCDF file could be
read by ncdump OK.  The reason the ua.lst file was empty was because no
reports were actually written.

Hope this helps,
Robb..