RE: Decoders (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:22:37 -0500
From: "Maschmann, Matthew R. (UMC-Student)" <address@hidden>
To: 'Robb Kambic ' <address@hidden>
Subject: RE: Decoders

Robb,

Ncgen was the problem.  It was located in a directory where it should not
have been.  Thank you for your help!

Matt

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Robb Kambic wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Matthew Maschmann wrote:
> >
> > > Robb,
> > >
> > >   Thank you for the reply.  I have since moved on past the
> > > netcdf-perl problem, but my decoders still do not work.  I have
included
> > > my log file for "make test" as test.log and from test.pl as
testpl.log.

> > > Thanks for your help,
> > > Matt
> > >

> > Matt,
> >
> > I not sure about your problem.  For sanity sake,  have you installed
> > netCDF and built the netecdf-perl code? Where is the netCDF.pm
module
> > located?
>
> Yes, netcdf and netcdf-perl are both installed.
>
> NetCDF.pm is located under/netcdf-perl-1.2/src/perl/NetCDF.pm
>

> > Can you cd to the metar dir in the decoders source tree and run the
> > following:
> >
> > % metar2nc metar.cdl 0002 < testdata.wmo

Matt,

The log file suggests  that ncgen was never called to create the netCDF
file, so the decoder doesn't have a destination file to write to. ie

ncopen: filename "./00021707_metar.nc": No such file or directory

Look in the current dir for the file, if it not there try:

% ncgen -o 00021707_metar.nc metar.cdl

Usually the decoder checks for ncgen before it even starts to run.  Do
you
have write permission in the metar dir?

If ncgen created 00021707_metar.nc, then try:

% ncdump 00021707_metar.nc | more

Try running the metar2nc again.  Also what type of machine/OS and
version
of perl are you running?

Robb...

> The log file is attached
>

> > This should complete ok, if not send me the metarLog.????.log file,
it
> > should have the problem listed.
> >
> > Robb...
>

> Thanks,
> Matt

=======
Software Engineer III                      Univ. Corp for Atmospheric
Research
address@hidden             WWW:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/
=======