[Datastream #EDS-589576]: Nexrad data folder has the wrong date

Hi,

re:
> I am letting you know that the realtime Nexrad data folder is reading
> 19210101 instead of 20210101. I am retrieving this data real-time, but
> unable to produce graphics accordingly.
>
> https://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/nexrad/composite/gini/n0r/1km/19210101/catalog.html
>
> Thank you,

Thank you for reporting this!

The problem is that the package we are using to create the national composite
radar products, GEMPAK, has a year 2021 bug (!, go figure), and this is
what is setting the date to 1921 instead of 2021.

I changed the naming of the products replacing 1921 with 2021, but the
bug's effect goes much deeper - the date inside of the products is
also incorrect.

I will be attempting to implement a fix for the 2021 bug ASAP today,
but, since I am not a GEMPAK expert, the effort may take longer than
we would like.

Our apologies for the service disruption!

Ticket ID: EDS-589576
Department: Support Datastream