National Level II (NL2) Feeds from TDS & RDS

Gentlemen,

The notices for our LDM feed have historically gone out as "NEXRAD Level II Maintenance Notification".   There's a slight problem with that title.  The National Level II (NL2) system was designed to relay more then NEXRAD2 data.

The RDS & TDS data streams now contain additional data sets for the NOAA Profiler Network. (NPN).  NPN is the newer Wind Profiler system in Norman, OK, Homer, AK, and Talkeetna, AK.  (Anchorage, AK is coming on-line soon.)   The NPN system adopted the legacy profiler LDM data format, (FSL2).   The ROC has received calls from the user community about the availability of the FSL2 data stream.  While available on our side, it's currently not being requested.  This would require adding a REQUEST line to your ldmd.conf file on your ingest servers.  It would look something like this:

request FSL2 ".*"

Could you please include the FSL2 data stream request in your config file for the RDS & TDS connections?

Thank you...

     .....Don

While the NL2 web page refresh is set at every 2 minutes, the NPN data sets are small and update once every 5 minutes from each site.

www.weather.gov/nl2/LDMView