[Datastream #RHD-489907]: Fwd: [mcidas-x] 20190604: major upcoming change to IDD NIMAGE datastream

Hi,

re: what is your NIMAGE REQUEST line

> This is the request line
>
> request NIMAGE                                  ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu

OK, this should be sufficient.  I assume that you are making this
REQUEST from freshair1.  I say this because the real-time stats
that freshair1 is sending us shows receipt of all of the products
in NIMAGE, and the volumes match those on a randomly chosen real
server backend machine of idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Here is what I
just looked at:

freshair1:
http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?NIMAGE+freshair1.atmos.washington.edu

uni17.unidata.ucar.edu (one if idd.unidata.ucar.edu's back end machines)
http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?NIMAGE+uni17.unidata.ucar.edu

When I flip back and forth between the NIMAGE volume plot for freshair1
and uni17, the volumes look identical.  This then indicates that freshair1
is getting all of the products being sent in NIMAGE.

Also, the GOES-15 GINI imagery shows up as the multi-colored very low volumes
along the base of each plot.

re:
> Doing  ldmadmin watch -f NIMAGE does not produce anything. I let this go
> for over an hour this morning.

On which machine, freshair1 or freshair2?  The real time stats
show that freshair1 is getting all of the NIMAGE feed, and the
listing for freshair2 is indeterminate in saying when NIMAGE
data was REQUESTed (there are no times on the following plot):

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?NIMAGE+freshair2.atmos.washington.edu

If the problem is on freshair2, what does its LDM log file indicate?

Ticket ID: RHD-489907
Department: Support Datastream