[Datastream #GWC-975899]: Missing Band 2 for GOES-17 since 20190327.2030

Hi Fred,

First, please send inquiries like this to Unidata User Support, not
to me personally.  Emails sent to support are likely to be acted
upon much quicker than emails sent to individuals as multiple people
look at inquiries that are sent to support and then automatically
forwarded into the Unidata Inquiry Tracking system.  This would be
most important, for instance, if the person sent the message was
out of the office for any reason and not able to read/respond to
email.  Thanks in advance!

re:
> The Unidata data for GOES-17 for channel 2 stopped updating yesterday
> around 20:30 UTC.  The other channels are updating correctly.  The NOAAport
> data for channel 2 appears to be updating correctly so I don't think it is
> a satellite problem.  Is there a problem with the Unidata data stream?

Yesterday afternoon, the Unidata GOES-17 ingest system went through a
period of degraded signal from GOES-17 starting sometime after 20UTC.
Our automatic monitoring systems alerted us to the outage, so we were
aware of a problem within 5 minutes of the onset of it.  I monitored
the situation until I saw EsNos climb back to their normal levels
and saw that imagery and other GOES-17 GRB products were once again
being inserted into the LDM queue on the machine that moves the imagery
and products into the IDD for general distribution.  I was not, however,
aware that channel 2 imagery (0.64 um) did not return at the same time
as other imagery.

We are conducting an investigation of the outage now, and we hope to
be able to restore full GOES-17 ABI content as soon as possible.
This may take some time, however, as the GRB 200 receiver used
for our GOES-17 ingest is located in a network closet that I do
not have access to, and the person that does have access is out
of the office.

Thanks for reporting the missing imagery!

Ticket ID: GWC-975899
Department: Support Datastream