[Datastream #KOV-340981]: GOES-West images

Hi Pascal,

re:
> I am a full professor at the university of french polynesia (Tahiti)
> working on nowcasting statistical methods.
>
> I wonder if a I could get GOES-West data from your archives.
>
> Thank you by advance for answering

We (Unidata Program Center/UCAR) do not maintain an archive of any
data.  We do have what we refer to as a "rolling archive" of a
wide variety of data, but the contents of these sets are typically
one month or less.  Our sets for the latest U.S. operational
geostationary satellites, GOES-East/16 and West/17 are two weeks
in length.

NOAA maintains the National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI,
formerly National Climactic Data Center (NCDC)) as the national
repository for a wide variety of satellite data.  More recently,
as part of the NOAA Big Data initiative, GOES-R/S imagery and products
have been uploaded to several cloud data providers.  If you are
looking for GOES-R data, you should check out:

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-access/satellite-data/satellite-imagery

If you are looking for an archive for GOES-West GVAR data (e.g., GOES-15,
GOES-12 and previous), you should check out NOAA's CLASS site:

https://www.avl.class.noaa.gov/saa/products/welcome;jsessionid=02BCEF2B2946C5BF8C470ED805F3B414

If you are looking for near-real-time data, you can access our two week
sets from our THREDDS Data Server:

thredds.ucar.edu

Ticket ID: KOV-340981
Department: Support Datastream