[Datastream #YCQ-600015]: GOES17 ABI data on GRB and NOAAPort tomorrow

Hi Pete,

re: access to LDM on GOES-17 ingest machine
> Weird. Hopefully Mike can figure out what's up.

The problem and solution turned out to be mind numbingly simple:

Neither 'ldmd' nor 'hupsyslog' had setuid root privilege, so
the LDM was listening on a port other than 388.

Quite frankly, this astonished me since I distinctly remember
going through the process of giving the 'root' password during
the build and installation phases of installing the test 6.13.7
release.  The fact that the privilege was not there proves that
I really am losing it, such a rookie mistake!!  :-(

Anyway, you should now be able to REQUEST a test feed of GOES-17
products from cluster5 using the SPARE feed type.

Notes:

We are changing the Product IDs for the GOES-16 (future) and GOES-17
(in place) products.  The Product IDs used to be the fully qualified
pathname of the files as written by CSPP GEO.  In CSPP GEO versions
before the recent 1.0, there would be a GRB-R directory as part of
the hierarchy.  In CSPP GEO 1.0, that was changed to 'product'.  Since
'product' doesn't mean anything (to us, at least), we have changed
'product' to 'WEST' in the GOES-17 Product IDs.  We intend to replace
GRB-R with EAST in the GOES-16 Product IDs, but we need to announce
the change to the ldm-users email list first, and give end-users a
two week interval in which to make changes to their LDM/IDD REQUESTs
and pattern-action file actions.

Not all products are guaranteed to be in the feed as not all have
yet been added to the G17 GRB.  The most obvious example of this is the
lack of GLM L2 products in the G17 GRB.

re:
> Looking forward to playing with the data, thanks again!

For sure.

Of interest:

Yesterday, I saw a LOT of errors in CONUS and Full Disk Channel 13
imagery during (for 2 hours).  I just put up a 100 frame loop of the
most recently received data (so the CONUS loop was all from today but
the Full Disk loop went back to around 15Z yesterday), and I saw _no_
errors.  Very interesting indeed!  I'll be checking other channels
(like channel 9, the 6.93 um WV channel) this morning.

Please let us know of your experience when you start playing with the
GOES-17 imagery.

Ticket ID: YCQ-600015
Department: Support Datastream