[Datastream #YCQ-600015]: GOES17 ABI data on GRB and NOAAPort tomorrow

Hi Pete,

re:
> With respect to the GRB on the DIFAX feed- are you waiting until it is
> declared
> operational before it goes on the GRB feed,

That was my thinking, yes.  Such a big deal was made about having to label
images as no being declared to be operational when GOES-16 went up, that
I am a bit gun shy about jumping the gun on GOES-17 ** especially given
the issue with the cooling buss **.

re:
> or just "at some point it will be on
> the DIFAX feed, but not immediately when they turn it on"

At some point it will be on the SATELLITE (aka DIFAX) feed in the same way
that GOES-16 GRB products are.  Before that happens, we will make the data
available on the SPARE feed from its ingest machine for a small set
of users who want to test the images.  We are not there yet, so your
impending request for access to the feed can not be honored... yet :-)

Aside: you may not know that ingest of GOES-17 imagery was not supported
in pre-1.0 releases of CSPP GEO.  We tried upgrading to CSPP GEO 1.0
last week (or was it the week before), and we ran into some hiccups
because of all of the changes that had been made.  The plan now is to
get GOES-17 ingest up on and figure out all of the new knobs that
have to be adjusted so that data can flow.

Ticket ID: YCQ-600015
Department: Support Datastream