NEXRAD Level II Maintenance Notification - (Update)

The National Weather Service continues to work the latency issue.  In fact, the issue from Silver Spring to Norman causing the RDS latency appears to be fixed.  The other issue is TDS latency when the ROC is aggregate.  It is current under investigate.

To that end, the ROC has swapped the aggregate back to Norman in an attempt to trouble shooting the latency issue to Silver Spring.  This currently causes latency issues on the TDS (acting as the alternate, or back up feed.)  I believe users have made adjustments in the LDM configurations to mitigate this as an issue.  If this is still an issue with YOUR feed, please contact the ROC so we can assist.

THAT BEING SAID, it does not address client planned maintenance activities.  If the current NL2 troubleshooting impacts your feed options causing latency or outage, please contact me so we can address the problem and work with you.

Please let this serve as a reminder to keep pulling data from both the RDS & TDS paths to ensure the best data.  We've got half of the issue addressed and hope to have the remainder soon.

   ...Don