[Datastream #TDD-279122]: Brightness temp for GOES-16?

Hi Thomas,

re: reference to solar zenith angle and viewing zenith angle products

> I found a reference to it in a couple of places. First, in the cloud
> optical depiction L2 file, there are expected input files:
>
> algorithm_dynamic_input_data_container:input_ABI_L2_auxiliary_solar_zenith_angle_data
> algorithm_dynamic_input_data_container:input_ABI_L2_auxiliary_sun_satellite_relative_azimuth_angle_data
>
> Interestingly, both files are set to "null" indicating they are not being
> found.
>
> Also, there are SZA and VZA products listed on the SPORT website here:
> https://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/sport/ingeststatus/goes16GrbAbi.shtml
>
> Its possible they are calculated by the SPORT group, but I can't imagine
> the GOES-R people don't generate this product on their own somewhere.

I think that the SPoRT folks are generating these files themselves.  Why do
I think this?  When I roll over the link:

CONUS Area Solar Zenith Angle

I see a listing that suggests that the product's file name ends in .area.
Since McIDAS AREA format is not used by the NWS for GOES-R/S distribution,
and since the UAH has historically been an active McIDAS user, I am led to
believe that McIDAS is being used at SPoRT to generate the files.

Ticket ID: TDD-279122
Department: Support Datastream