[Datastream #UFY-604748]: ldm question

Hi Randy,

re:
> Yes, I meant level 3...

OK, thanks.

re:
> Do you know if there are any "readers" out there, python modules, etc,
> that could read these files?

I believe our MetPy package has support for the NEXRAD Level III products.

re:
> Alternatively could they be decoded and written in some other format ie.,
> netcdf?

Sure, but we do not provide a decoder that will do the conversion.

re:
> I would assume folks w/n the atmospheric community use these files other than
> for just display?

Absolutely.  I am sure that there are great number of freely-available packages
that understand the NEXRAD Level III formats.  Again, our MetPy package may
be one of these, but I am not 100% sure.

If you would like to discuss Level III support in MetPy, please send an inquiry
to:

address@hidden

Please do _not_ include our inquiry tracking system ticket ID in the new email
(because if it is included it will be associated by the system with the
exchanges we have been having in our support-datastream department).

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: UFY-604748