[Datastream #LLB-351971]: Question about FNEXRAD datasets

Hi Munsung,

re:
> Thank you, Tom, for your detailed explanation.

No worries.  IDV and McIDAS-V not working with the files was a great
surprise to me as the IDV used to work.

re:
> So, is there no way to extract correct reflectivity values from
> the gini image through Python or other program languages at this point?

I am not sure if the MetPy package being developed here supports
these images yet (I'm not part of that development effort).  But,
since I think that they have worked on providing support for GINI
images, and since the NEXRAD Level III composites are in GINI format,
they may be supported now.

I suggest you send a support inquiry to address@hidden
that recaps what we have learned and ask if the national composite
images are supported, and, if not, when they will be supported.

I will talk to our Python guys tomorrow to fill them in on what
we have found wrt netCDF-Java/CDM support for the images.

Ticket ID: LLB-351971
Department: Support Datastream