[Datastream #FTU-518516]: Converting IGRA radiosonde date

Hi Vicente,

re:
> I work with air dipersion modelling (AERMOD), and recently I discovered
> IGRA database (https://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/igra/).
>
> But it comes in a data format (ASCII) that is not accepted by the model (It
> accepts FSL or TD-6201 fixed-length blocks or TD-6201 variable-length
> blocks). Is there any tool to convert IGRA data to .fsl?

We don't have such a decoder, sorry.

re:
> I found something about your work, and a question related to mine on this
> e-mail:
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg05015.html

I don't think that we identified any decoding software for the user that
posed the question represented in the IDV mail archive item that you
found.  I did see that user had figured out how to convert the IGRA data
to .fsl format, but that code was not shared with us, sorry.

Ticket ID: FTU-518516
Department: Support Datastream