[Datastream #SSJ-700608]: help downloading images from SSEC Data Center

Hi Boris,

re:
> With what instruction can I download all the data contained in the
> directory? I try with this:
>
> wget -r -l1 -A.goes13vis --user=xxxxx --password=xxxxx --no-check-certificate
> idd.ssec.wisc.edu/uniwisc/urequest/20160401

Other than the need to change your '-A' flag definition to: -A "*.goes13vis", I
do
not know why this invocation does not work.  I'll need to check with our web
person
to see if there is something behind the scenes that is preventing this from
working
as the man page for wget says.

re:
> wget --user=xxxxx --password=xxxxx --no-check-certificate
> idd.ssec.wisc.edu/uniwisc/urequest/20160401/*.goes13vis
>
> but it does not download anything, can you help me?

Until I find out what may be going on behind the scenes on idd.ssec.wisc.edu,
the
simplest thing to do would be to:

- create a file whose contents are the URLs you want to download

  For instance, a file that has lines that are the URLs for each file in
  the idd.ssec.wisc.edu/uniwisc/urequest/20160401 would look like:

http://idd.ssec.wisc.edu/uniwisc/urequest/20160401/201604010000.antarcticir
http://idd.ssec.wisc.edu/uniwisc/urequest/20160401/201604010000.antarcticvis
http://idd.ssec.wisc.edu/uniwisc/urequest/20160401/201604010000.arcticir
http://idd.ssec.wisc.edu/uniwisc/urequest/20160401/201604010000.arcticwv

- specify the --input-file option to wget:

wget --input-file=./wgetlist --user=xxxxx --password=xxxxx
--no-check-certificate --no-parent --
idd.ssec.wisc.edu/uniwisc/urequest/20160401

Again, I'll check with our web administrator to see if there is something
going on that would prevent simple forms of 'wget' to download the entire
contents of uniwisc/urequest subdirectories on idd.ssec.wisc.edu.

Ticket ID: SSJ-700608
Department: Support Datastream