[Datastream #PLM-873895]: Goes-R

Hi Marcial,

re:
> We are at a meeting in Curacao with people from OMM, NOAA and others
> and they want to know what is Unidata's standing in distributing GOES-R
> using ldm.

We are planning on continuing our program of creating select sectors
from U.S. geostationary satellite data and sending those sectors to
end users via the LDM.  This means no big change wrt LDM transmission
of satellite data.

> Can you give me an overview? Is L1b and L2 level data going to be
> available? Is there going to be any restrictions? At this point any
> information is valuable.

We are also planning on making all of the GOES-R imagery and products
available by both the ADDE and TDS remote servers.  This will allow
end-users to get access to imagery that is not (fully) included in
the sectors that will be created and sent by the LDM.  As to whether
or not there will be restrictions, the current answer is no, we do not
want to limit who will have access to the data.  This answer could
change if the demand for the data exceeds our ability to serve it.
We will address this issue as time goes on and we learn more.

Please remember that our primary mission is to support U.S. educational
institutions that have atmospheric science related programs.  We are
happy to service others ** if and when we can **, but we are not funded
to provide this kind of service, so we can/will not make any guarantees.

Ticket ID: PLM-873895
Department: Support Datastream