[Datastream #VBW-233597]: Question about Level 2 data NEXRAD

Jeff,

From your question, it's not quite clear which Level 2 NEXRAD volumes you're
referring to. Is this data on http://thredds.ucar.edu? Or coming into you or
someone else using the LDM? Or...?

Regardless, the answer is that both the Level 2 volumes we host, and the Level
2 volume data transmitted, include all sweeps of data, including those from
SAILS.

Have a good one!

Ryan

> Hi,
>
> I'm hoping you can help me. I am a meteorologist with CBS in West
> Palm Beach. I have a specific question about your Level 2 NEXRAD
> data. Regarding the real time data... are the SAILS sweeps included in
> the base reflectivity data? I know the NWS added the SAILS upgrade about
> two years ago... the extra low level radar sweep in the middle of the
> volume scan.
>
> Thank you!
> Jeff B

Ticket ID: VBW-233597