[Datastream #VRK-180737]: archived CG data

Hi Brandon,

re:
> My name is Brandon Vogt. I am a faculty member at the Univ. of Colo. Colo.
> Springs.
>
> Question:
>
> Is it possible for me to obtain from UNIDATA archived cloud-to-ground
> (CG) lightning data (for research purposes only) for Colorado and other
> parts of the Intermountain West?  If so, do you offer stroke or flash data
> (or both), and do you offer any in-cloud data?

Unfortunately, no.  The licensing for both the NLDN and NAPLN/USPLN data
is very clear that sites receiving these feeds via point-to-point feeds
from top level sites may under no circumstances redistribute the data to
others.  In order to get archived data, you will need to contact the
owners of the data.

Please review the Lightning Data pages on our web site for more information:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Data -> Lightning Data
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/index.html#lightning

Notes:

- The contact listed for the NLDN data, Dr. David Knight of
  UAlbany will not be able to provide you with archived NLDN data.

  If contacted, he will advise you to contact Vaisala directly.

- The contact listed for NAPLN/USPLN data, Kim Rauenzahn, may
  be able to grant you access to archived NAPLN/USPLN data, but
  I wouldn't be surprised if she cannot.

re:
> Thank you!

Sorry we can't be of more help!