[Datastream #VXW-478794]: data processing problem

Hi Liping,

re:
> I don't know who should we contact with?
>
> I am trying to contact this email found on the website.
>
> We downloaded the daily soil moisture, precipitation, and temperature
> data from the following:
>
> http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/thredds/dodsC/Datasets/NARR/Dailies/catalog.html

Just so you know:  NOAA/ESRL is using our THREDDS Data Server (TDS) software to
serve the content in this site.  If there is a problem with the serving of the
data, then we are the appropriate contact.  If, on the other hand, there
are problems with the data, then NOAA/ESRL is the appropriate contact.

re:
> We processed the data in Python and ArcGis, the data for soil moisture
> (soilm.1979.nc) seems to have some problem from 9/8/1992 until last
> date. There is also no data shown in Panoply, but there is data there
> we can see, just can't be shown up or recognized in the software.
>
> The same problem happens to temperature and precipitation.
>
> Temperature data (like air.2m.1992.nc) has problem from 9/8/1992 until
> last date. Precipitation data like (acpc.1979.nc) has problem from
> 9/7/2000 till last date.
>
> It can be shown in Panoply, but actually we can see there is data in the
> file, don't why what's wrong with it? we guess maybe the format problem.
>
> Is there sb. who can help us to deal with this or let us know who is in
> charge of this?

From your description, it sounds like some of the data is OK (meaning that
you can use it in Panoply) and some of it is not.  This strongly suggests
that the problem is in the data files themselves, not in the software
used to serve the data (i.e., not in THREDDS).  Please let us know if you
agree or disagree with this surmise.

I went to the URL you included above and then clicked on the 'Info' link
in the line that reads:

NOAA/ESRL/PSD at NOAA ESRL PSD see Info

This brought up a NOAA/ESRL page that said that the content can not be
found:

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/thredds/serverInfo.html

But, at the bottom of this page is a 'Contact Us' link:

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/about/contacts.html

The only link on this page that looked promising was for the ESRL web master:

address@hidden

I suggest sending your inquiry to this address and hope that they can direct
you to the person(s) in-charge of the dataset(s) you are trying to use.

re:
> Many thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: VXW-478794