[Datastream #ULQ-257730]: New Model data

Hi Heather,

re:
> I am interested in getting some new (for me) model data via my noaaport
> ingest.

OK.

re:
> Specifically the 1/2 degree GFS that we currently download from here:
>
> ftp://ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs.2014100100/
>
> we get the data in this form:
>
> gfs.t00z.pgrb2f00<ftp://ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs.2014100100/gfs.t00z.pgrb2f00>

The half degree GFS model output is not available in the NOAAPort
broadcast.  It is, however, available in the CONDUIT datastream.

re:
> The GFS Ensemble High Resolution that we currently get from here:
>
> http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gens/

This should also be available in CONDUIT.

re:
> and the HRRR model data that I understand is new to the feed.

We are all waiting until all of the HRRR that is going to be added is
added.  When it is, we should all be able to figure out the pattern-action
file actions that are needed to process it the way we want.

re:
> How do I go about finding how to add this to model list. I have attached my
> current pqact file.

The LDM utility 'notifyme' is _the_ LDM routine that everyone should learn how
to use.  For your purposes, you could run it to capture the meta data for
products in any/all of the feeds that you are receiving and then craft a
extended regular expression that you will then use in a pattern-action file
action to do the processing (e.g., FILEing to disk, etc.).

Ticket ID: ULQ-257730
Department: Support Datastream