[Staging #TVL-625865]: GOES subset for DOMEX area

Hi Tyn,

Sorry for the slow reply!

re:
> Any ideas how to go about getting access to GOES-EAST archive data (see
> period below)? Here I found an ADDE-server<http://www.ssec.wisc.edu
> /datacenter/standard_GOES8-15.html> (SSEC) offering such an archive, but it
> requires a a valid McIDAS user login and project number.

Unidata participants are allowed to register with the SSEC Data Center and
download up to 5 GB of satellite imagery per month (one must re-register every
month to continue to get access).  Since no non-U.S. university has tried
to get access yet, I don't know if it would be allowed by SSEC.  But, I
say there is no harm in trying!

Here is the URL for the Unidata blog that informed the community about the
fantastic service that SSEC has made available to Unidata community members:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/free_satellite_archive_data_access

Please keep us informed of your success/failure in getting access to the
service that SSEC is providing.

Ticket ID: TVL-625865
Department: Support Datastream