20140623: IDD neartime/archive file counts low

Hi Rosie,

re:
>When we grab the daily neartime directories for archiving we do a rough
>file count to help catch possible problems.  I have not looked at the
>directories themselves yet but we received emails of short counts for
>6/21 and 6/22 .

Hmm...

re:
>ie:

The only issue that I am aware of is related to the IR and WV composites
that the AMRC group (Mattew Lazzara) produces.  It seems like the same
IR and WV images are being sent over and over again in the LDM feed from
AMRC machines to our Amazon EC2 virtual machine.  The VIS images, on the
other hand, continue to come through just fine.  I am in communication
with Matthew about this problem.  However, I would be a bit surprised
if the lack of the IR and WV Antarctic composites would result in a
~250 decrease in the average number of products being delivered in the
Unidata-Wisconsin datastream.  I will need to investigate this more fully.

Question:

- when issues like the one related to the missing Antarctic composites
  come up, should I CC the Data Center in my communications with
  those more directly responsible for the products?

Thanks for the heads-up!

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* address@hidden                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*