[Datastream #OXA-948487]: Data in respect of wind speed

Hi Sunil,

re:
> I am still waiting for your response please.

I apologize for not being able to reply to your inquiry before now!

re:
> This is to inform you that I am a research scholar working on a new design
> of windmill which will be a new concept than a propeller based windmill.
> You, already knows that wind speed plays a major role in producing
> electrical energy from a windmill.
>
> Can you help me by providing data in respect of wind speed recorded by
> your organisation at Goa seashore, during last one year. It will be great
> if you can arrange to provide me a data; day wise, showing variations
> in 24 hours during a day.

Since we do not gather data, we believe that you sent your request to
the wrong organization/group.  Our group is funded by the U.S. National
Science Foundation to support mainly U.S. university users in the
acquisition and use of geo-scientific data.  We develop and support
software tools that allow users to share data and then make it available via
data servers, and use data via analysis and visualization packages.

If we knew why you were under the impression that we gather data
and then make it available, we could possibly direct you to the
correct organization.  My first guess is that the data you are
looking for is being/has been gathered by one of the NCAR laboratories
that is routinely involved in field campaigns.

If you are looking for archived repositories of meteorological
data, you might find what you need at the National Climactic
Data Center:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/

Ticket ID: OXA-948487
Department: Support Datastream