[Datastream #ERY-258872]: Fwd: [NCEP.list.NOMADS-ftpprd] Requesting comment on proposal to remove GFS products

Hi Don,

Sorry your inquiry went unanswered for so long!

re:
> I'm not sure I ever got an answer to this or if I did, I've forgotten
> the answer.  Is the GFS 40km available via TDS from Unidata?

The only 40 km GFS model output I see in LDM pattern-action files
is for grid number 254 which should be a Pacific grid.  There are
NAM 40km grids, however.

re:
> We'll need
> a replacement if the 80km goes away and the 95km CONUS does not seem to
> be available via TDS also.

I believe that the 80km grids are scheduled to be removed from
NOAAPort.  I do not know the status of 95 km grids.

re:
> Thanks.

Again, sorry for the slow response.

Ticket ID: ERY-258872