[Datastream #HIG-707765]: Problems with neartime archive

Hi Kway,

I apologize for not getting back to you on this before now!

re:
> For unknown reasons, the neartime Unidata image archive has been empty
> (except the Antarctic sector) since March 23 in unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu

The machine that has long hosted the generation of the Unidata-Wisconsin
image products and served the neartime store of UNIWISC images is slated
to be decommissioned.  The first part of the decommissioning effort was
moving the image generation activities off of unidata2 and onto a
64-bit CentOS 6.5 virtual machine in the Amazon EC2 cloud.  The next
step was the migration of the neartime store of UNIWISC images off
of unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu and onto unidata2-new.ssec.wisc.edu.  The
next step that has not yet been taken is either opening up FTP access
to the UNIWISC neartime store on unidata2-new or opening access via
the web server running on the machine.  Which route will eventually be
taken has not been decided -- I am in favor of the web access option,
but...  The next step in the process is to see if UW/SSEC is still
willing/able to save off the UNIWISC neartime images onto tape AND
restore old content when requested by users.

I hope that we can get access to the UNIWISC store open soon.  I will
send you a follow-up note as soon as this step has been taken.

re:
> Thank you for your support!

Again, I apologize for the inaccessibility of this valuable resource!

Ticket ID: HIG-707765
Department: Support Datastream