[Datastream #DTD-152311]: Level III NexRad Archive Down

Hi Gary,

re:
> At this time it appears the Level III radar archive at
>
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?native/radar/level3
>
> is down.

The cgi-bin script 'genweb' access to content on motherlode class
machines (motherlode.ucar.edu, atm.ucar.edu and unidata2-new.ssec.wisc.edu)
was disabled due to security concerns, and it will not be reactivated.
Instead, users can use the direct access provided by the Apache web
server that is running on these machines.  Please update the process(es)
you are using to use the direct access now available.  Please review
http://motherlode.ucar.edu for additional information.

re:
> The radar data is crucial in its support of our post storm
> analysis and related WSR-88D algorithm development.

We understand.

re:
> Please investigate
> what is causing the problem and bring the radar archive back to life.

Please see the explanation above.

re:
> Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

No worries.  Please let us know if you have any problems using the
alternate way of getting the data you need.

Ticket ID: DTD-152311
Department: Support Datastream