[Staging #YWS-399432]: Regular meteorological datasets access

Hi,

re:
> I would like to get permission to get GFS 0.5x0.5 deg (NCEP) grib files
> (4 times a day or with set limit) from unidata serves.
> This is the url regarding this request:
>
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/native/conduit/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/
>
> Currently, the script gets files from NCEP directly, but there are times
> when they seems to be down and I want to find an alternative.

We feel that it is unlikely that the grids you want/need will be found
on our sites and not on NCEP's since we get the files from NCEP. That
being said, however, we are OK with you downloading them from us as long
as your downloads do not put too much of a burden on our server(s).

Instead of getting the GFS half degree fields from 'motherlode', please
get them from 'atm':

http://atm.ucar.edu/native/conduit/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/

'atm' is a clone of 'motherlode', so it should have the exact same content
as 'motherlode'.

NB: if your downloads cause excessive loading problems on 'atm', we will
be forced to block your transfers.

re:
> Thank you,

No worries.