[Datastream #OHV-138292]: Winds Profiler Question

Hi Rusty,

re:
> I am a programmer for a NOAA contract. We take hourly profiler data
> from you and make an MD file for users. Yesterday the 19Z profiler file
> was not received from FSL. I just wanted to know if there was a problem
> at your end or a problem you know of.

We receive the wind profiler data from NOAA/GSD.  If there was a problem
with the 19Z data, then it likely originated there.

re:
> Is there a file on your web site that tells such things?

No, not specifically.  One can review the real-time statistics
for the FSL2 datastream on any number of IDD relay sites
to check to see if there was an lower than expected/average
volume of data flowing, but that is complicated by there
being more than wind profiler data in the FSL2 datastream.

By the way, I assume you know that the wind profiler network
is slowly going away.  As I understand things, there is no
ongoing effort to make sure that the existing profilers
continue working.  Since I may be wrong in this view, I
suggest visiting the NOAA/GSD website to get the latest
news on the wind profiler network.

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.