[Datastream #GBV-473910]: Doubts about a satellite image

Hi Thaisy,

re:
> thanks by the help.

No worries.

re:
> We have this goes 13 imagery but we dont know how to put it on that
> projection.

Hmm... I am not a GEMPAK user, so I can not say if GEMPAK has the
ability to remap satellite imagery (the image you attached looks like
a south polar projection of the data included in the GOES-East/South
composites in the IDD UNIWISC datastream).  McIDAS can, but I am
not sure about GEMPAK.

Question:

- who created the GEMPAK display that you included in your first
  message?

  It would be useful to know how the display was created (which satellite
  image, etc.).  It looks like the image is from April 10, 2012
  (if I am reading the label correctly at the bottom of the image).
  If this is true, it is possible that someone created a new AREA file
  from one of the ones available in the UNIWISC datastream but using
  a different projection.  We have never sent out images in this projection
  in any of the IDD datastreams that we create/populate.

re:
> I see only this projection attached.

Correct, that is the projection of the GOES-East/South composites
in the UNIWISC datastream.

Ticket ID: GBV-473910
Department: Support Datastream