[Datastream #KZO-354014]: BURL1 - NOAA buoy near Southwest Pass, La.

Hi Mike,

A saw no:

"Buoy Home" from:

http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/access/index.html

However, i did find their THREDDS server and did find buoy BURL1 at:

http://data.nodc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog/ndbc/cmanwx/2011/12/catalog.html?dataset=ndbc/cmanwx/2011/12/NDBC_BURL1_201112_D2_v00.nc

I also see that if you have a WMS client you could point it at that catalog and
get satisfaction...

OR

if you access the "opendap" link you will see a list of the variables in the
dataset....

OR

it is available in netCDF, which our visualization clients enjoy natively, as
does IDL, MATLAB, and many other commercial applications...

OR

You can install the netCDF utility and dump the data out out in CSV blocks, to
access netcdf please visit:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/

So the real question is what do you want to do with the data, and what
client(s) are you hoping to use. NetCDF is a very widely used format and can be
used in a myriad
of ways by many clients (that is the core strength of that form)

Data looks solid, let us know if we can help further.

> To Unidata support:   "You are here: NODC Home > Access Data > Buoy Home >
> Region > BURL1,"  this is where I was trying to get data from.  The buoy is
> BURL1, and the charts at the bottom for 2011 and 2012 data was what I would
> have liked to access. Thanks, good luck with it.
>
> Mike Gold
> Consultant
>
> 500 Dover Boulevard, Suite 310 | Lafayette, LA  70503
> 337-984-2603 (office)
> 337-280-8189 (mobile)
>

> Hamilton Confidentiality Notice: The information transmitted is intended only
> for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
> confidential and/or privileged information or material. Any review,
> retransmission, dissemination to other use of, or taking of any action in
> reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
> recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the
> sender and delete the material from any computer.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support