[Datastream #YAT-522314]: HRRR 3K data grid request...

> This is incredibly helpful! Thanks so much
>
> I crafted a simple expression just to pull 000 hour cloud data
>
> ./notifyme -vl - -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu -f FSL -p
> "(.*000Hour)(.*Cloud)" -o 36000
>
> I guess our issue now is where to use the request command back
>
> I saw a feedme command since we just wanted to pull files for the last week
> do we use that
> or put the REQUEST command somewhere else?

Hi Joe,

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding..we do NOT archive data. We deliver real
time data. So we do not have access to data that is beyond our queue storage
(~3-6 hours).

NOAA/GSD does make the archived data available via FTP.

Feedme will not be needed, you will craft a "request" line something like:

request FSL2 <reg ex> idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Note: white space needs to be "tabs" not space

After the data hits your disk you will need to "act" on it, that is where the
pqact.conf file comes into play. Follow the reg ex for file naming or name as
you desire.

Here is an example pqact.conf entry to go with the previous example:

# Profiler data from FSL in NetCDF format
FSL2    ^FSL\.NetCDF\.NOAAnet\.windprofiler\.(01hr|06min)\.(.*)
        FILE    -overwrite
        data/fsl/\1/\2.nc

I ~think you need approval before hitting their ftp site, but you can try it
using these instructions. Our e-mail is "blessed" not sure if it is on a one to
one basis or if it is open to *.edu

If this fails for you, AND you want access, please let us know and we can work
quickly with NOAA
to gain you access via FTP.

Hope this helps,

Jeff