[Datastream #IGD-264208]: Is the PMIP1 database down?

Hi Leif,

re: what is the URL of the site you are trying to access

> I am trying to access the PMIP1 data at this site:
> http://pmip.lsce.ipsl.fr/

OK.  This is not a Unidata-maintained site, so we can not comment on
broken/stale links on the site, etc.

I would go to the Contacts link on the left hand side of the web
page you list, and send an email to one of the people listed
in the Contacts page:

Scientific Contacts

Sylvie Joussaume / LSCE

Karl Taylor / PCMDI
Web site contact (webmaster)

Jean-Yves Peterschmitt / LSCE
Database contact

Jean-Yves Peterschmitt / LSCE

NB: the names on the Contacts page are mailto: links for those folks
(presumably).

re:
> I can't link to the actual download page within the PMIP1 site. To
> get to the download links you just select "Database" on the navigation
> bar to the left and then select" accessing the Database."

Try sending a note to the Web site contact, Jean-Yves Peterschmitt / LSCE

re:
> I am interested in the LGM simulations so here are the specific HTTP links
> I am interested in:
>
> http://www-lscedods.cea.fr/pmip1_db/21cal/
> http://www-lscedods.cea.fr/pmip1_db/21fix/
> http://www-lscedods.cea.fr/cgi-bin/nph-dods/pmip1_db/21cal/
> http://www-lscedods.cea.fr/cgi-bin/nph-dods/pmip1_db/21fix/
>
> This link from the PMIP1 website takes me to an empty database with no .nc
> files:
>
> http://www-lscedods.cea.fr/cgi-bin/nph-dods/pmip1_db/
>
> I have tried to contact the webmaster/ db manager at this email
> (address@hidden)
> but have received no response.

Try the scientific contacts for the site:

Sylvie Joussaume / LSCE

Karl Taylor / PCMDI

re:
> Here is a link to the PMIP2 database that works just fine.
> http://www-lscedods.cea.fr/pmip2_dbext/
>
> This url is from the PMIP2 website:
> http://pmip2.lsce.ipsl.fr/
>
> Thanks,

I'm sorry we can be of more help, but we have no relationship with
the PMIP1 site (other than they may be using our software).

Ticket ID: IGD-264208
Department: Support Datastream