[Datastream #ZER-204805]: Re: [thredds] 20120427: Unidata system downtime scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday, April 28

Hi Art,

re:
> We use idd.cise-nsf.gov as a failover for data... am I correct in assuming
> this site will remain up?

Yes, unless something unexpected happens at NSF.

re:
> Does idd.cise-nsf.gov have all the feeds except
> NEXRAD2 and the proprietary ones?

Yes.  Please check the real time stats pages:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  Projects -> Internet Data Distribution
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/index.html#idd
    IDD Current Operational Status
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/
      Statistics by Host
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex

The IDD relay node at NSF is toomuch.cise-nsf.gov.

re:
> What can we use for a failover for NEXRAD2 data?  Right now we only feed
> that from idd.unidata.ucar.edu since idd.cise-nsf.gov dropped it.

I would try TAMU - bigbird.tamu.edu

Before you do, contact the LDM/IDD admin at TAMU:

Gerry Creager <address@hidden>

re:
> Thanks...

Sorry for the downtime, but this is completely out of our control (sigh)!

Ticket ID: ZER-204805
Department: Support Datastream