[LDM #JSB-324824]: unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu login

Hi Dave,

re:
> Sorry if this is the wrong address for this question--I'm not sure
> which one is correct.

I moved this to Support Datastream (address@hidden)
as it involves access to data stream content.

> I just noticed that I couldn't log onto the "xxxxxx" user account on
> unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu today, using the "xxxxxxx" password, to
> retrieve some missing AREA files.
>
> Was this likely just a temporary glitch, or has something changed
> since the machine's recent hardware problem?

I am afraid that unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu has been having problems
for the past three weeks.  The third service visit today still did
not resolve the problem that is being experienced (the machine crashes
when the attached RAID has problems).  Because of the problems we have
been having, there is now a reasonably large hole in the image
archive that unidata2 normally makes available.  We are saving the
Unidata-Wisconsin images on motherlode.ucar.edu in the interim and
will backfill the archive when unidata2 is back in full service.

Question:

- what day(s) were you looking for products for?

  It is possible that we might have the images on motherlode.
  If the images you are missing are the ones that would have
  been sent in the UNIWISC (aka MCIDAS) feed when unidata2
  was down; then we do not have replacements.

Ticket ID: JSB-324824
Department: Support Datastream