[Datastream #OWO-693144]: GFS analysis fields from Dec 2008

Hi Chuck,

re:
> I am looking for archived GFS model data from last December (see below).
> Using the IDV Catalog, I see several recent archives from UCAR.

We do not maintain an archive of the type of data you are looking for.

> How can I obtain earlier data?
> Can you supply a point of contact I can talk to?

Your best bet is to visit the National Climactic Data Center (NCDC):

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/ncdc.html

> Specific need:
> Date/time: December 10, 2008/00Z and 12Z analysis fields
> Location: Western Pacific - grid points near 152 E, 12 N
> Variables: winds (u,v) and density at all model levels

NCDC is the national repository for weather and climate data in the US.
It is likely that they have the data you are looking for.

Ticket ID: OWO-693144
Department: Support Datastream