[Datastream #HFQ-598802]: GOES Composites

Hi Brendon,

Sorry for the tardy reply; I did not return to Boulder until
yesterday (Friday) evening...

re:
> GOES-E/W composites on RTIMAGES/GEW-IR, GEW-VIS, and GEW-WV on
> adde.ucar.edu only seem to contain GOES-W data. Jim has been checking
> this off and on for several days and the result is always the same.
>
> Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

The GOES-East/West compositing appears to be working correctly.  I
believe that Jim is a victim of checking at exactly the _wrong_ time:

- the composite is created from the most current GOES-West and
  GOES-East sector

- the West sector comes in closest to the top of the hour; it is
  used to create what will become the full composite after the
  GOES-East sector is received.

- the GOES-East sector is received some 15 or so minutes after
  the GOES-West sector.  Until it is received, the composite only
  contains the GOES-West piece

- upon receipt of the GOES-East sector, it is composited into
  the existing incomplete composite

You will see that the composites get completed some time after
they are originally created by viewing  a loop of the images.
If the time the loop is created is too early in the hour,
only the GOES-West piece will be there.

Ticket ID: HFQ-598802
Department: Support Datastream