[Datastream #YOP-204505]: Duplicate RUC GRIB1

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the late reply...

re:
> We had some questions about duplicate data that has been coming across
> NOAAPORT the last couple of days.
> It is associated with the initialized forecast hour (0-hour) files for
> the RUC on GRIB1.
> I am attaching two GRIB messages that were filed for 15 Z
> initialization, Day 268, T 500 mb.
> Looking at the hex, I see that the headers are the same, but the data
> are not, so I'm not sure how we are supposed to distinguish these files.

We are not sure either.  Our best guess is that the last message injected into
the IDD from the NOAAPort broadcast is the one that should be used as it is
likely an update or correction to an earlier one.  Since we do not create those
GRIB messages, and since their MD5 signatures are different from one another,
there is no way that we can decide to send one or the other in the IDD.

Ticket ID: YOP-204505
Department: Support Datastream