[IDD #NPN-717429]: wind profiler data from IDD - backup data available?

Hi Laurie,

re:
> We were missing wind profiler data from the IDD network for 9/13 and
> 9/14/08.  Normally, we have been able to fetch missing data from
> motherlode.ucar.edu.   We can see that the data for these two days are
> available on the web site, but the ftp service seems to down, so we can not
> download the data.  Will ftp be available again for this system?

We turned off the FTP service on motherlode for a couple of different
reasons one of which was that it was not being used much.

> Is there another method for us to pickup up missing data?

The data is available through THREDDS catalogs:

Is there some reason you can not get the data from the web site?

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080
  THREDDS Catalogs
  http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog.html
    Station Data/
    http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/idd/obsData.html

In the last page there are links for 6-minute and hourly-summary profiler
data.  Follow the links for the desired day, etc. and you will get down to
a description page that contains an OPeNDAP and http link to the data file
in question.

Ticket ID: NPN-717429
Department: Support Datastream