[Datastream #KNX-863126]: noaaport/conduit decode (cont.)

Hi Kwan,

re:
> This is Kwan.  Haven't had to email you for quite a while.  How have
> things been going?

Things are going nicely, thanks.  How have you been?

> I am e-mailing you with regard to the cutoff time for some of the
> current ADDE images at ADDE.UCAR.EDU.  I have been noticing that,
> shortly after 00Z, all the images in GINIEAST and NEXRCOMP, for
> example, would be deleted.  Apparently, this is done so that the images
> will not accumulate over time.

Actually, what is happening is that we are filing images into daily
directories.  At 0Z, the ADDE server configuration starts pointing
at the new day and there will be no images in the directory until
new ones are received.

> However, there have been many occasions
> when I would like to load images from, say 23Z, to 00Z.  But I only
> have less than an hour to capture the 23Z images before they are
> deleted.  So I would recommend that the images to be kept for two days,
> or perhaps an upper limit of images is set so that the directory would
> not be empty right after 00Z.

I agree.  There is, however, a way to get the images you want: use a
different dataset.

NEXRCOMP -> daily NEXRAD composite images
NEXRCALL -> all NEXRAD composite images

RTNEXRAD -> daily NEXRAD Level III products
NEXRALL  -> all NEXRAD Level III products

GINIEAST -> daily GINIEAST images
GINIWEST -> daily GINIWEST images
GINICOMP -> daily GINICOMP images
GINIALL  -> all GINI images

The 'ALL' datasets are quite large, so it takes time to search through
them.

> Thanks.

We are working on other methods for getting at images in very datasets
quickly.  This work will evolve as the summer goes on.

Ticket ID: KNX-863126
Department: Support Datastream