[Datastream #VWV-835465]: GOES-West VIS Imagery

Hi Mike,

> I am trying to find out if there are any archives of the GOES-West VIS
> satellite imagery.

There are many...

 I see that you have recent images available but I would
> like to see if you have, or know where to find images that might go back a
> year or more?

Yes, we deal with real-time data :)

If you were a university (our core community mandated by the NSF) they would be
freely available from SSEC at the U of Wisconsin, but as a private individual
or company they will charge you some sort of "cost recovery" for the data, I am
not sure what that cost is.

For more information visit:

www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/

Also, I see that the CRWS also offers archived satellite imagery at:

squall.sfsu.edu/crws/archive/satimgs_month_arch.html

...but these are .gif images, not data.

NOAA site for sat imagery/data:

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/

...and NCDC also archives the data at:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/satellite.html

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jeff Weber

> I am working on tracking fog and the marine layer and it's effects on
> temperatures and wine grape quality.  I have been archiving processed jpeg
> images of these satellite images over the last few growing seasons.   But I
> am interested to find out if there are archives or sources for accessing the
> original raw imagery.
>

> Thanks for your help,
>

> Mike Bobbitt
> Mike Bobbitt & Associates