[Datastream #XDE-916942]: USPLN coming to an UNIDATA .edu near you...for FREE!

Hi Gilbert,

I'm in DC at the moment at an AGU planning meeting, hence the slow response...

> In the most recent USPLN newsletter, we find this little nugget...
>
> =======
> WSI and TOA believe strongly in promoting the use of the USPLN data and
> that the future of any technology begins with education.  To that end, in
> co-operation with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU), we are
> pleased to offer USPLN data at no cost for educational and research
> purposes through the Unidata Program.
>
> As part of the required annual registration process, all users must read
> and agree to the data access policy.  Restrictions include the requirement
> that all users must be either full-time faculty or staff at the
> institution, and prohibition of any data redistribution or commercial use
> or gain from these data.
>
> We are planning to have data accessible via Unidata by late April, and the
> link to the online registration form will be available shortly.
> =======
>
> I haven't heard from you guys yet about this officially. Am I getting the
> community and announcements feeds OK?

You are getting the community announcements OK.  I am a bit disappointed that
WSI included this in the USPLN newsletter before informing us that they were
ready to begin the feed.  As the article mentions, the USPLN feed will be
point-to-point from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU).  The IDD
feedtype will be LIGHTNING (aka NLDN) in the next non-beta LDM release.

Please note that we are waiting for official word from WSI/ERAU before
announcing
the data availability to the community!

Ticket ID: XDE-916942
Department: Support Datastream