[Datastream #PSW-812190]: 88D Level II Data

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find a way to obtain Level II data from your short-term
> archive.  I found what looks to be about a five day running archive,
> which would be perfect for our needs, but it appears to be password
> protected.  A typical scenario would be when tornadoes occur some
> evening, and the next morning by about 6-7 am I would like to have a
> radar archive of that event to assist in storm damage surveys.  I would
> be using GRLevel2 (Gibson Ridge) software to display the files.  I
> typically use the NCDC archive, but it runs about 30 hours behind
> realtime on most days, which doesn't help for that very next morning.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1)  Do I need to have some type of account to access the data?
> 2)  Is there a type of file compression such that I would need to run
> some type of decompression script on the data?
>
> Dave
>
> --
>
> David Floyd
> Warning Coordination Meteorologist
> National Weather Service, Goodland KS
> 785-899-6412
> address@hidden
> Amateur Radio Callsign:  N5DBZ

David,

Maybe a NOAA user could get access to NCDC earlier than the 30 hour delay
for public access? You might contact Glenn Rutledge there regarding their
THREDDS access.

Our open THREDDS access is available via THREDDS catalog:
http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalogServices?catalog=http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/idd/radars.xml
However you should keep in mind that this is not an operational service, all
caveats implied!

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: PSW-812190