[Datastream #JGN-180392]: GRIB-2 duplicates?

Kevin,

Looking today at the products you mention, the broadcast on noaaport for
the 12Z data covered 15:25Z to 16:40Z. None of these products being identified
as GFS/#201 were broadcast in that 17:00Z to 17:10Z time you mentioned.
If you are seeing them arrive at that time, you can use the pqcat command such
as:
pqcat -f NGRID -p 'GFS/#201' -o 15000 -vl- -O > /dev/null

The -O flag will show the origin of the product, and the -v will tell you the
time the product was created.

Looking at the stats being sent in by ssec hosts, all are very good,
except a machine named stimpy.ssec.wisc.edu which is awful:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?NGRID+stimpy.ssec.wisc.edu

That machine shows problems typical of a host whose queue is too small, where it
is getting data products in real-time, and 1 hour old at the same time as data
is recirculating,
so that may be the source of your problem, though you didn't mention what
machine this was referring to.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi,
> We have been receiving GRIB-2 data over NGRID and CONDUIT over the past
> few months.
> We noticed that some of the parameters were repeating for the data
> represented by
>
> grib2/ncep/GFS/#201/
>
> Are these being duplicated somewhere?
> I have looked at individual GRIB messages and they are indeed the same,
> coming in about 5 minutes after each other and repeated up to 3 times.
> (around 17:00, 17:05, 17:10 UTC on one particular day).
> Thanks for any info!
> Kevin Baggett
> UW-SSEC

Ticket ID: JGN-180392