[Support #ARA-684823]: ADDE access to remote servers

Hi Julia,

re:
> I am using the servers listed on
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/adde_servers.html to access
> the dataset, especially
>
> unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu        Solaris SPARC   GOESEAST, EAST (full GOES-East
> imager), WEST (full GOES-West imager)
> goeswest.unidata.ucar.edu     Solaris 10 x86  WEST (full GOES-West
> imager and sounder)
>
> But, there is no dataset found on unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu. And, it is
> failed to connect to goeswest.unidata.ucar.edu. The error is DATALOC:
> Could not resolve GOESWEST.UNIDATA.UCAR.EDU. Entry not filed.
>
> Does anyone know what is wrong? Thank you for your help.

First, the problem accessing goeswest.unidata.ucar.edu:  One week ago on
Tuesday,
we re-aimed our satellite dish that had been receiving GOES-West data to
GOES-10.
GOES-10 -- which was formerly GOES-West -- was moved by NOAA from 135 W
longitude
to 60 W after the successful launch of GOES-13.  It arrived at its final
destination
in early December, and began routine scanning of South America.  We have taken
advantage of this significant new data source by incorporating the South America
scans into the GOES-East image sectors that are broadcast in the IDD UNIWISC
(aka MCIDAS) datastream.  Our just released Community Eletter has a news brief
announcing the availbility of the GOES-10 data.  The following web page contains
one example of the GOES-10 scans we are not getting and their representation
into
the Unidata-Wisconins image sectors broadcast in the IDD:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/tom/storm/uniwisc.heml

In the next few weeks we will be re-establishing realtime ingest full data from
both GOES-East and GOES-West and making the data available by ADDE.  We will
announce these services as soon as they have been stress tested.

As for the GOESEAST, EAST, and WEST datasets hosted on unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu,
we
have no problem accessing these datasets from machines at the UPC.  I can also
verify that I am able to access these datasets from the McIDAS development
system
I run at my home (Fedora Core 6 Linux system).  Please provide us any/all error
messages that you get when you try to access datasets from
unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu.

Ticket ID: ARA-684823
Department: Support Datastream