[McIDAS #PLO-695698]: McIDAS - ADDE transfers not working

Hi Russ,

re:
> The problem seems to be between the UCAR mavhine that holds the
> ADDE.UCAR.EDU dataset and the machine here called trinity. At about 7
> this morning the transfer of the UNIDATA radar composites just stopped.
> This is done using a IMGCOPY NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT to a local dataset. I
> showed this to Jerry and he noticed that IMGLIST NEXCOMP/1KN0R-NAT.-3
> works, but IMGLIST NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT.-4 does not. He tells me that this
> happen one other time. It has to do with the MTU setting on both
> machines being different.

I have never seen anything like this before, and can't imagine why the
MTU settings on the machines being different would have any effect.

As a test of connectivity to adde.ucar.edu, I just verified that I can
access the NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT dataset from machines in:

- UCAR/Unidata (Fedora Core 5 64-bit Linux)
- Northern Illinois University (Fedora Core 5 32-bit Linux)
- NSF/ATM (Sun Solaris SPARC 5.9)
- Universidad de Buenos Aires (Fedora Core 4 32-bit Linux)

> I changed the ADDE pointer for NEXCOMP to point to
> ATM.GEO.NSF.GOV and the transfers began to work again.

Very weird...

Ticket ID: PLO-695698
Department: Support McIDAS