[McIDAS #JLT-563187]: McIDAS - GOES-West and East servers not providing data

Hi Fred,

re:
> While your deletion of the data set cleared the Northern Hemisphere ADDE
> server, the Full Disk data set still has problems.  It is stuck on June 21
> at 22:30.  Also the data in EAST/FD is not full disk, but rather the small
> sector to the west of South America that is sent once per hour during RISOP.
> This small sector normally goes into the EAST/OTHER data set. However the
> EAST/OTHER has data from June 23 when I believe was the last RISOP day.
> Hence I believe there are two problems with the EAST/FD.  One it has the
> same file problem that you fixed with the EAST/NH.  Second I believe that
> the ingestor setup was done incorrectly for the FD area.

I contacted SSEC Data Center folks and relayed your observations.  Changes
have been affected, and the word I got back was that everything should now
be working correctly.  'Now' is a relative term, however, given that
unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu is currently down for repairs to fix the problems
that were encountered last week.  We expect the machine to be up within
an hour, but bad things can happen during repairs and a move (the machine
is also being moved within the Data Center).

When unidata2 comes back up, can you check to see that all of the datasets
that you access are working correctly?  Thanks in advance...

Ticket ID: JLT-563187
Department: Support McIDAS