[IDD #HOP-467993]: ensg past 180 hours missing?

Hi Art,

re: 12Z ensemble data missing from CONDUIT

> It's not coming through IDD channels (CONDUIT), but it *is* available on
> the NCEP ftp server (ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov), so do we know if it's an NCEP
> problem inserting it into the LDM stream, or an LDM problem passing it
> along somewhere?

One way to tell is to look at the manifest file that is sent in the CONDUIT
stream and see if the manifest shows that it was injected into the top level's
LDM queue.  If the grids are not in the manifest, it should mean that the
grids were not available.  The manifest is created as each field is
"carved out" of the monolithic model output file and inserted into the
LDM queue.  The possible modes of failure for this process are:

- grid doesn't exist
- the grid is self-inconsistent

Self-inconsistent means that the GRIB(2) message's length does not match
what the messages header says it should be.

> No problem... thanks for getting back to me.

Thanks.  It has been a crazy two weeks for me...

By the way, in researching the Pennents article in the latest Communite-letter
we were trying to remember who were participants of the first Unidata series
of training workshops.  I think I remember that you were in either the first
or the second set of workshops.  Do you recall which?

Ticket ID: HOP-467993
Department: Support Datastream