20051013: AMRC/IDD-Antarctica composite imagery

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi Matthew,

Sometime in the near future, I will start grabbing the Antarctic
composite IR images from the IDD-Antarctic EXP stream on
unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu and inserting them into the IDD UNIWISC
datastream.  Thanks again for suggesting that we transition to grabbing
the images from the existing IDD-Antarctic datastream; it makes a lot
more sense than IMGCOPYing them from an ADDE server.

I know that we have talked about the following in the past, but I want
to revive the discussion:

With the impending IPY, and with the recent media focus on the
accelerated melting of Arctic ice, I am hoping that we can distribute
image composites over the North Pole to the Unidata community in the
IDD.  Can you refresh my memory on whether or not these products are
currently being created?  And, if they are, whether or not we could get
access to them for the community?

Many thanks in advance for your help!