USPLN data feed for the IDD

Hi all,

I have a developing relationship with the owners of the US Precision Lightning Network. You can learn about this resource by visiting http://www.uspln.com/ This network can detect cloud to cloud and individual strokes within a flash, unlike the NLDN. (Neat stuff!) I see a number of research projects that could come out of having this product available to our community.

The idea is to do something like the NLDN agreement. ERAU will act like SUNY Albany does for the NLDN and will be the injection point for the data.

Attached are two PDFs. One is a one page overview with additional pages describing two cases where the USPLN data was able to resolve events that were missed by the NLDN. The other attachment is a USPLN brochure to learn a little about the resource and companies involved. Much more is available at the USPLN web site.

I know this is not on our meeting agenda, but I hope that we can find just a few minutes to discuss our providing this data feed to the IDD community.

Thanks for your time.  See you next week!

Cheers,

Chris H.

--

Dr. Christopher G. Herbster