Re: [Fwd: West/Conus Data Not Updating]

This should be okay now .... The RESOLV.SRV entry had to few positions
(2500) allocated for the dataset (which was over 3000), therefore even
though the data were there, it did not list.  I bumped up the allowable
positions to 9500.  I don't know why there are more positions in that
dataset now .... it must be related to the outages last week.  I'll
look into this. But the current CONUS data should once again be
available.

Regarding when the data becomes available .... the data are moved to
the computer when the next image comes in.  This is because the move of
data uses the same software that is used for tape writing, and the old
GAA software, and that is how they worked.  We don't have any plans to
change this at this time, since the data are available in Real time
from EASTL(EASTS) and WESTL(WESTS).

Regarding the other satellites ... he would need to contact Unidata
Support for that.

Jerry

McIDAS Help Desk wrote:
Dee/Jerry,

1) I heard you two talking about the UNIDATA server having problems - is there still a problem? 2) Since Fred is using UNIDATA data, should he send the questions to their support group? 3) I don't have any answers for GOES-9, MSG or Met5 - I do recall SATEPS having some servers available.

Rick